Exam # 1 Review Questions*
Introduction chapter, Globalization (PPT), “Guns, Germs, and Steel” (video).
1. What is geography?
2. Which of the following statements best defines environmental determinism?
3. Which of the following statements best defines possibilism?
4. Which of the following statements illustrates environmental determinism?
5. Which of the following statements illustrates possibilism?
6. Which of the following examples best defines the role of the environment in culture?
7. According to the definition used by geographers, a region is:
8. Which of the following is not a major characteristic of a region as defined by geographers?
9. Alfred Wegener's supercontinent is known as:
10. …show more content…
34. The North Slope of Alaska contains large quantities of:
35. The most important factor in the growth of the Pacific Northwest has been:
36. Which of the following regions of the North American realm is most impacted by growing post-industrial development and globalization?
Chapter 4: Middle America
1. Which of the following is not an important characteristic that makes Middle American a fragmented realm?
2. A narrow strip of land connecting two larger land bodies is known as a(n):
3. Which of the following is/is not located in the Greater Antilles?
4. As a group, the islands of Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, and Puerto Rico constitute:
5. Which of the following tectonic plates do not interact in Middle America?
6. Why is it said that Middle America is one of the most hazardous places to live in the world?
7. In general terms, it can be said that the ___________ and __________ tectonic plates have a boundary type cataloged as ___________.
8. Which of the following countries had to change its national capital in at-least one occasion due to a major natural disaster? 9. Which of the following is/are the most important crop/s raised in Tierra Caliente?
10. Which of the following crops is the most important crop raised in Tierra Templada in Middle America?
11. Which of the following countries is located within the