Beginning with Coersive Acts
Page 122 in textbook
Reading assignment is pages 140-151
1. What battle victory convinced the French to help the Americans? A. Battle of Lexington and Concord B. Battle of Bunker Hill C. Battle of Saratoga D. Battle of Yorktown E. Battle of Trenton and Princeton
2. Cornwallis could not escape out to sea because A. Washington crossed the Delaware river B. of the Louisiana Purchase C. Washington trapped Cornwallis D. the French navy blocked Cornwallis E. the Battle of Trenton and Princeton
3. T or F Ben Franklin, John Jay, and John Adams were the American diplomats who negotiated the Peace of Paris in 1783.
4. T or F George Washington was the commanding general at the Battle of Saratoga.
5. What happened first? A. Pinckney’s Treaty B. Articles of Confederation C. Constitution D. Jay’s Treaty E. Louisiana Purchace
6. T or F George Washington could not sign the Constitution because he was fighting in the Revolutionary War at the time it was drafted.
7. The Great Compromise
A. settled the question on how the president would be elected with the Electoral College
B. allowed the President to veto laws passed by Congress
C. allowed the creation of the Judicial Branch
D. allowed the states to have equal representation in the Senate, and House representation based on state population.
E. All of the above
8. The Articles of Confederation A. established the first form of government in the United States B. was in place during the Whiskey Rebellion. C. replaced the Constitution D. established the power to tax for the national government E. All of the above
9. T or F The Virginia Plan was known as the big state plan because it favored representation based on population in both houses of congress
10. The Battle of Trenton and Princeton A. started the Revolutionary War B. ended the Revolutionary War C. gave the colonies needed confidence in the winter of 1776-77 D. was the reason the Continental Congress declared Independence E. were two big defeats for Washington’s army
13. T or F The Great Compromise to the Constitutional Convention helped resolve the major conflict between Southern states and Northern states.
14. T or F New Jersey refused to send delegates to the Constitutional Convention
15. T or F The issue of counting the slave population in the Southern states was what the 3/5ths compromise was about.
16. Ben Franklin A. was part of the committee for the Declaration of Independence B. was an American diplomat who worked out the Treaty of Alliance with France C. was an American diplomat who worked out the Treaty or Peace of Paris of 1783 D. was a delegate to the Constitutional convention E. All of the above
17. Thomas Jefferson A. was part of the committee for the Declaration of Independence B. was an American…