First Time Home Buyer’s Program
150 Johnston Street
P O BX 11706
Rock Hill, SC 29731-1706
CALL (803) 817-5112
FOR AN APPOINTMENT TO TURN IN APPLICATION
FEE FOR THE EIGHT HOUR FIRST TIME HOME
BUYERS EDUCATION CLASS
• The fee for the class is $15.00
• Must be paid three days prior to the scheduled class date
• The $15.00 fee is non-refundable
• Checks or money orders only—
NO CASH ACCEPTED!!!!
• Make checks/money orders payable to:
City of Rock Hill
Call (803) 817-5112 for more information
First Time Home Buyer’s Program
The purpose of this program is to strengthen the Rock Hill community by improving housing and economic opportunities for low to moderate income citizens. HDCRH assists qualified individuals and families who are interested in purchasing their first home within the city limits of Rock Hill, SC. The assistance is typically up to $5000.00 for down payment and closing cost assistance in our city-wide program.* HDCRH is a
FHA approved secondary financing nonprofit agency. In order to qualify, applicants must meet income requirements. The total household income cannot be greater than the HUD Median Family Income Guidelines as listed in the chart below (current as of
January 2014). Please note this is subject to change by HUD. Total household income refers to the income of ALL PERSONS 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER who will be living in the house. This includes all gross (before taxes) income, including earnings, child support, SSI, retirement earnings, etc.
If you meet the income criteria, please begin by doing the following:
• Complete the application and provide copies of the documents listed in
“Documents Required” (see page 3).
• Call or go on-line to obtain your free credit report (see page 9).
• Call (803) 817-5112 to make an appointment to turn in and discuss your application with the documents. DO NOT MAIL, FAX, OR EMAIL YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION.
• You will be registered to attend HDCRH’s First Time Home Buyer’s Program
Education Class which is required to receive assistance. The class provides information on homeownership responsibilities, the buying process, financing, budgeting, home maintenance, and other related topics. The one day session
(8:00 AM until 4:00 PM) is typically held the second Saturday of each month.
The upcoming schedule will be discussed during the appointment.
• The fee for the class is $15.00 payable by check or money order three days prior to the scheduled class
• Please arrange for child care. No children in the building during classes.
THIS IN NO WAY GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE FUNDING!
Homes that qualify for the program must be within the city limits of Rock Hill. The home can be a newly constructed house, existing house, condominium, town house, or a modular home. The home must be the primary residence and cannot be subleased.
No “lease to purchase” properties are allowed. Other guidelines for eligible properties will be discussed during the appointment.
Remember: Make an appointment to turn in the application. Do not mail, fax, or
E-mail your completed applications.
* FHA Mortgages Only – Buyers must provide 3.5% of purchase price in their own funds
The following documents are required. Please bring the applicable documents to your appointment when turning in the application. We will make a copy of the documents at that time if necessary.
A copy of the most recent federal and state tax returns (If you are self-employed, copies of the past two federal and state tax returns)
Two most recent pay stubs from all persons working who are 18 years old and older in the household
Proof of being…