Chapter 5 Color Management
1. What do you remember about color from any of your classes? I remember the color wheel. Primary, secondary, and tertiary colors. We talked about the importance of color when creating a buying plan in my previous class.
2. What is Color Management? Color management is the process of controlling the outcome of a color, from the initial concept to the final production output, in a way that is acceptable to the consumer.
3. What concerns might you have in Visual Merchandising when it comes to color? The colors that are being produced. The desired colors customers may want during a specific time of the year.
4. Are there differences in color preferences by target market such as demographics, psychographics, geographics, culture? Find an article that discusses the science behind color preferences and groups of people. Be able to discuss. Yes during the winter, we prefer warm and dark colors such as black, grey, and plum colors. However, during this time it could be extremely warm in another part of the world and they would probably prefer bright colors or colors that will keep them cool like white.
5. Take one or both of these color personality quizzes: http://www.colorquiz.com/ http://www.viewzone.com/luscher/colortest1.html
What are the results? True?
6. Review: Monochromatic, Analogous, Complementary Monochromatic uses a single color in a variety of tints and shades. Analogous includes colors positioned next to each