Corpus Delicti Evidence
2. What are individual characteristics? Give an example of an individual characteristic?
Individual Characteristics are evivdence that can be traced back to an item or person. Fingerprints are a good example of Individual Characteristics.
3. What is the difference between individual characteristics and class characteristics? individual Characteristics are identified as an original person or source
Class characteristics are a group of objects or persons with characteristic physical evidence common to it.
4. What are physical and chemical properties? Give an example of each.
Physical properties can be observed without changing the identity of the substance. An example of physical properties is the size, Weight, Shape and color of glass
Chemical properties do change the chemical nature of matter Such as the heat of combustion it’s the energy released as heat when a compound undergoes complete combustionn with oxygenn under standard conditions
5. What do forensic scientists do to collect and preserve soil samples?
Samples are collected within 100 yards of the scene and labeled where they came from, Then is stored so any dirt that may fall off is retained
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Why do you think forensic scientists are so careful that the tests they do are sensitive, reproducible, and specific? What might happen if they were less careful about this?
Forensic Scientists are careful with the tests so that they are accurate. If they were less careful the wrong person could be convicted for a crime they did not commit
2. Which type of evidence do you think is most useful in an investigation? Why?
Which type of evidence is more useful depends on the situation. If it's a murder then physical evidence can be more