2. Kamehameha was the powerful king who united the warring fractions on Hawaii:
3. The big-island is composed of the volcanoes Mauna Loa, Kilanea, Mauna Kea, Kohola and Hualalai
4. The volcanoes that are still considered active in the Hawaiian Islands are Mauna Loa, Kilauea and Loihi
5. Since the late 1960's most of the Hawaiian volcanic eruptions have occurred along the East Rift Zone
6. The Kazumura Cave is believed to be the longest lava tube in the world:
7. The "Great Crack" in Hawaii is the result of crustal dilation.
8. Halema'uma'u is the name of the fire pit inside the Kilauea Caldera:
9. Green sand beaches in Hawaii are formed from what type of mineral? Olivene minerals
10. The Hilina fault is an active Landslide
11. Lavacicles form when lava level in lava tube dropped, pulling sticky lava on the roof of the tube downwards.
12. The Hawaiian town threatened by the most recent lava flow is Pahoa
13. Island-like areas of older land surrounded by younger more-recent erupted lava are called Kipukas
14. The most recent lava flows are erupting from new fissures east of the Pu'u O'o cone:
15. Landsliding along southern coast of Hawaii is caused by basalt flows overlying fragmented volcanic sediment.
16. Land area that contributes water to a river system is a Drainage Basin
17. Running water is responsible for most of erosional work in deserts.
18. A dune is a large hill or ridge of a wind-deposited sand.
19. During the Mezozoic era, the dominant sedimentation processes in the interior of the US were fluvial and wind-blown detrital sedimentation into basins and plains.
20. The oldest rocks in the Grand Canyon are the Precambrian Vishnu Schist
21. The earliest fossil record of life found in Grand Canyon rocks are Stromatolites
22. Vulcans Throne is a 12 ma to 12,500 years cinder-cone and lava fall on the north rim of the Grand Canyon.
23. Great Unconformity separates flat-lying Paleozoic strata of the Grand Canyon from underlying Grand Canyone Supergroup.
24. Coconino sandstone is composed of cross-bedded dune deposits
25. Nautiloid fossils can be found in the Redwall Limestone
26. The youngest flat-lying rock layer exposed along the walls of the grand canyon is Kaibab Limestone
27. Duck-on-a-rock is an erosion feature carved in Kaibab Limestone
28. Fossil tracks of a Permian cow-sized lizard can be found in the Coconino Limestone.
29. Much of the river erosion that formed the Grand Canyon occurred during the tie known as the Pleistocene.
30. Mr Butch Cassidy is an Outlaw
31. You may find drinking water at canyon lands from rainwater collected in potholes in the White Rim Sandstone.
32. In Canyonlands, Raiushian fossils and petrified remains of a forest can be found in rocks of the Triassic Chinle.
33. Upheaval Dome in Canyonlands is now believed to be formed…