Goal Setting Worksheet
Review this week’s resources (for example SMART criteria, and the Career Plan Building Activities). Respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each:
1. Describe one academic goal that you have created using the SMART criteria. How do SMART criteria contribute to your academic goals?
One academic goal I have created using the SMART criteria is obtaining my degree. How about “To earn my Associates Degree in (fill in field)” More specific SMART criteria contributes to my academic goal by helping analyze and conclude what I want the outcome of my goal to be. The specific is my degree. My goal is measurable which means it is possible to achieve. My goal is attainable which means it is reachable to achieve. Getting my degree is a very realistic goal because it is possible to do so. And also my goal of my degree is timely because it can be reached in a reasonable amount of time. I like that you were so specific in applying the criteria.
2. Describe one professional/career goal you have created using the SMART criteria and Career Plan Building Activities results. How did the results of the Career Interest Profiler and Career Plan Building Activity on Competencies contribute to your professional goal development? One professional goal I have created using the SMART criteria is getting my school loan paid off. Do you think that’s a professional goal? Sounds like a personal goal to me. Paying the loan is specific. It is possible to achieve my goal. My goal is attainable and realistic. And it can be accomplished on time with proper budgeting and planning. The Career Interest Profiler and Career Plan Building Activity on Competencies contributed to my career development by revealing my strongest points in being a Chief Executive Operator. And also helping me to realize the endless possibilities of being a leader due to my strengths. Avoid beginning sentences with And. You really didn’t share your career goals. What do you hope to accomplish with your degree?
3. Describe the stress and time-management strategies you have learned this week that will help you achieve your goals. I have to come up with a better solution to ignore distractions in order to better manage my time. For example, my cell phone ringing while I’m reading an article or working on an assignment. I will put my phone on DO NOT DISTURB mode during my eCampus time. A helpful stress prevention strategy I have learned this week is to ease my mind and relax. With all of the responsibilities I juggle and trying to do everything at once, could easily cause aggravation. So, I will do one thing at a time which helps balance out my expectations and responsibilities. Good strategies!
4. Describe how you will balance academic expectations and your personal and professional responsibilities.
By putting my work and my goal which is to obtain my degree before anything else and once my work is done I can balance out everything else that needs to be done. I also plan to eliminate a lot of procrastinating. Because I know I deal with procrastinating I’ll have to get a head start on my assignments. Perhaps, starting in the morning which will free the rest of my day for my personal and social time will be an effective strategy. . And mBy using ost certainly by using great time management skills, I will be successful..
5. How can understanding the importance of SMART criteria and your career interests and competencies help you move towards your career and academic goals?
SMART criteria helps me academically and professionally as well by setting goals and deciding what’s most important and what’s not. And It also helps by creating a strategic plan for my future academically and career…