1) The concepts of this chapter which are involved in this case are listed as following,
Ethic: this is a principle which is used to judge our actions right or wrong, so as to affect our behaviours and decision.
Ethic issue: different problems coming from ethic.
Five moral dimensions of the information age: information rights and obligations, property rights and obligations, system quality, quality of life, and accountability and control.
Profiling : The computer is used to combine data by different ways, and then analysis and pick up useful information based on operator’s aim and set up a new electronic document including detailed information on individuals.
Responsibility: Somebody needs to take all the duties and obligations on his task, assignment and also be in charge of the risks which will bring out probably.
Accountability: The character of property is decided the owner need to take obligation and be responsible.
Liability: It permits victim to recover the damages which are done by other actors or organizations.
Five-step process of ethical issue analysis: identify and describe clearly the facts, define the conflict or dilemma and identify the higher-order values involved, identify the stakeholders, identify the options that you can reasonably take, identify the potential consequences of your options.
Privacy: Individuals live alone without any bother from outside.
Computer crime: It defines as a kind of illegal act which is through computer system to get sensitive information including private information.
Computer abuse: This is an unethical through computer use.
2) As the explanation about stakeholders on Page 157 in this chapter, we can easily know that Google is main stakeholder in this case. We also can think Microsoft and Revolution Health Group LLC are minor stakeholders.
1. What are the problems with America’s current medical recordkeeping system? How would electronic medical records alleviate these problems?
1) The problem of current medical recordkeeping system in America is fussy and complicated with enormous paper work. After the patients see doctor in appointment time, the doctor will create and modify their medical records for the reference. So that means the doctor can check the patient’ history medical records to see they go better or not. However, the majority of medical records are written on paper. The reports show that during the past year, each American made around four visits to doctor and hospital on average. This makes numerous paper medical records kept in clinics and hospital. They are not easy and effective to share or check in different medical organizations. So that is why Google aims to use information system to solve this issue.
2) Google Health is the main electronic information system, which is created by Google. This system will allow users to provide their basic medical data into Google Health system online. Meanwhile, doctors will be invited to make relevant medical suggestion and diagnoses. So that it can be an online health profile for users. This application also can be used by hospitals and other organizations. Thus, it will reduce work load in medical record paper-work for each doctor and digitize medical record system in America. It also can simplify the whole medical field.
2. What management, organization, and technology factors are most critical to the creation and development of electronic medical records?
The most critical factor on the creation and development of electronic medical records is fund, even Google. In order to reduce privacy risk, many practices must be done for several times, this will spend a mass capital on system test, labour cost and time-spend. It is hard to estimate all the funds will be spent from the beginning to the end. This is also the biggest