Chapter 1 Solutions - REVIEW QUESTIONS
Which of the following is one of the three basic functions a computer performs? (Choose all that apply.)
The __________ executes instructions provided by computer programs.
When a CPU is composed of two or more processors, each one is referred to as a(n) ________.
Which of the following is considered long-term storage? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Flash drive
d. Hard drive
Which motherboard component controls data transfers between memory, expansion slots, I/O devices, and the
You want to purchase a new …show more content…
Which of the following is a likely indicator light on a hub? (Choose all that apply.)
b. Link status
c. Connection speed
Which of the following describes how devices connected to a switch use the speed at which the switch can transmit data?
a. Dedicated bandwidth
What does a switch use to create its switching table?
d. Source MAC addresses
What purpose does the timestamp serve in a switching table?
c. Tells the switch when to delete an entry
10. What feature of a switch allows devices to effectively communicate at 200 Mbps on a 100 Mbps switch?
b. Full-duplex mode
11. To which device is a wireless access point most similar in how it operates?
12. What’s the purpose of an RTS signal in wireless networking?
c. It allows a client to notify the AP that it's ready to send data.
13. Which of the following is a common operational speed of a wireless network?
d. 11 Mbps
14. Which of the following is a task performed by a NIC and its driver? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Provides a connection to the network medium
c. Receives packets from the network protocol and creates frames
e. Adds error-checking data to the frame
15. Which of the following best describes a MAC address?
b. Two 24-bit numbers, in which one is the OUI
16. Under which circumstances does a NIC allow inbound