1. All of the following factors promoted the growth of suburbs
a. Low cost government loans.
b. Expanded road and highway construction.
c. Increased automobile production.
d. The baby boom.
2. The mood of the “Beat Generation’ is best reflected in which Jack Kerouac’s On the Road.
3. The decade of the 1950’s was characterized by women doing what?
4. All of the following were reasons why a consumer culture appeared in the 1950’s
a. The creation of credit cards and easy payment plans.
b. An increased ability of advertisers to create demand for new products.
c. The appearance of new and varied products.
d. “Keeping up with the Jones”.
5. The Soviet Union’s launching of Sputnik in 1957 immediately …show more content…
This term described the American economy in the mid 70’s when business was not growing and inflation was rising out of control. Stagflation
45. What was the SALT I Agreement? Strategic Arms Limitation Talks, in theory we’ll destroy some of our missiles you destroy some of yours
46. What did the American action during the Yom Kippur War of 1973 resulted in?
47. All of the following occurred during the presidency of Richard Nixon:
a. The Watergate break-in and consequent hearings
b. The resignation of the vice-president.
c. Diplomatic overtures to the People’s Republic of China, including a presidential visit
d. The use of shuttle diplomacy to end Arab-Israeli conflicts
48. Gerald Ford’s main liability in the 1976 presidential election was ________________. Nixon pardon? Watergate Scandal
49. What contributed to the Ayatollah Khomeini’s hatred of the U.S.?
50. Which of the following is considered Carter’s most significant foreign policy accomplishment? Camp David Accord? (Israel and Egypt Peace Treaty); foreign policy/human rights
51. What led to Jimmy Carter’s success in the election of 1976?
52. What led to the U.S. boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow?
53. The most important element of the religious revival of the 1970’s and 1980’s was what?
54. The moral Majority attacked all the following
a. Abortion rights
c. Women’s rights
d. Secular humanist