1. Each student will read the case(s) ahead of time before attending to the class.
2. Your group will be assigned to one or several questions in class.
3. After a thorough group discussion, your group will outline/summarize your answers into a PPT file and drop it onto the Blackboard’s drop-box.
4. Your group will present and lead the discussion of the question(s) assigned to you. Although the group in charge will be the major discussants for the assigned question(s), it is highly recommended to have the rest of the class involved and participated in the discussion.
1. What are Heineken’s strengths and weaknesses? Is Heineken a global brand? Why or why not?
Every …show more content…
Analyzing the case we could see that Heineken was on the right track to its globalization. Its two projects: Mosa and Comet and the extensive research that was done to supplement them and Heineken learned and benefited tremendously from them resulting in going on the right track to become a fully global.
2. Evaluate the research in the case. What has been learned?
Managers at Heineken’s headquarter conducted two kinds of projects. First project was named: Project Comet. A manager who has lots of global marketing experience found this project in 1991. His main goal was to strengthen company’s competitive advantage. He wanted to achieve that by putting attention on one particular value of the beer. He wanted to send a message to customers that Heineken’s beer is “the world’s leading premium beer”. Foundation of that project was a big concern by other Heineken’s managers at company’s Headquarters. They were stressing about inconsistent messages that were sent by advertising executives in many countries. Markets on those countries received a mixed message creating communication issues for Heineken. As a result of the brainstorming during Project Comet, two very important messages came out. First was stressing about uniqueness of Heineken’s flavor, emphasizing origins of the brand and huge pride the leaders of Heineken took brewing an excellent quality lager. Second message was blended premiumness as