1. Science is patterns recorded in the past which scientists use to predict future and explain things.
2. Three methods of investigation are research, experimenting and observations.
3. Three jobs that use science are Science Illustrator who make diagrams used by scientists, Geologist which study rocks, and Volcanologist which are experts at volcanos.
4. Science can help save people coal by using the previously known and recorded facts about coal’s effect to the environment and known ways to save coal and perfect on other methods which are used by coal companies world wide.
5. Science can help figure out if the service ships packages faster than other services by asking the customers how long it took for delivery and surveying clients from other companies and maybe even make a study group on this subject.
6. I would recommend my friend who wants to know the amount of salt in French fries to search the answer online or read the label if they were microwavable fries.
7. The slow moving lava would have traveled 90 meters after a 30 month period.
8. This statement is false because both scientific and nonscientific questions follow the scientific method and would have the same results if done by a professional or not. A fact about this bias statement is that someone who is new to doing experiments may mess up so scientists are a more reliable source for an answer.
1. Scientific Method is the way in which scientists answer questions and solve problems.
2. Data are pieces of info that are gathered through experimentation.
3. Hyotheses are possible explanation to a question
4. The steps in the scientific method are, ask a question, create your hypothesis, experiment your hypothesis, make observations as you are doing the experiment, review the results and then draw conclusions, leading up to sharing answers to your hypothesis.
5. After recording an experiment’s data, the next thing to do is to draw conclusion, and share your results.
6. If a scientist performed an expirement only once, the results would be invalid because the results have to be repeating in order to propose a theory.
7. The Proteus’ flaps per second is most efficient at 1.7 seconds and least efficient at 9 1/2 seconds.
8. The efficiency remains at the same exact rate at 1.95 to 2.2
1. First aid refers to an emergency which must be treated on the spot or else it may worsen.
2. To take responsibility for my safety in the lab, I must follow directions of the teacher, become familiar of where the safety equipment is and have a neat table.
3. Symbols, following directions, neatness, proper cleanup procedures, and safety equiptment keep people in the lab safe because it makes the working condition more organized and we will know what to do in case of a disaster.
4. If an accident happens in the lab, I would find a first-aid-kit, tell the teacher, and if the accident is big, tell students so they don’t touch it or accidentily approach it.
5. The first aid procedures are to apply pressure to a cut or bleeding wound, or wash off the chemical depending on the situation.
6. It is very important to be prepared for an experiment by using safety precautions because the precautions make you able to know what to do instead of waiting until the situation worsens.
7. You would see the spill icon, goggle icon, and chemical icon on a lab that wants you to pour acid into a beaker.
8. You should use heat resistant gloves, lab apron, and gogles near heated objects.
1. Volume Is the amount of mass in a liquid.
Mass is the amount of matter that an object takes up.
Density is the matter in a volume.
2. Model is a small object used to represent something that is too big to draw (life size items).
3. You would use the SI unit meters to express height of a desk
4. The relationship between density and mass is that density is both mass and volume.
5. The normal body temperature in Fahrenheit is 98.6…