1)Rajah-the chiefs who led Aryan tribes
2)Atom- In Hinduism, the essential self
3)Golden Age-a period of great cultural achievement
4)Filial Piety-respect for one’s parent
5)Dynastic cycle-the rise and fall of Chinese dynasties
6)Monopoly-the complete control of a product or business by one person or group
Unused words definitions
Brahman- est. Aryan India, the single spiritual power that resides all things
Feudalism- loosely organized system of gov., local lords rule own lands+owed military service to higher lord
Vedas-a collection of prayers hymns and other religious teachings- ancient India
Warlord-local military ruler
Reincarnation- Hindu belief, the rebirth of the soul in another bodily form
Dowry- payment owed from brides family to bridegroom and his family
Karma-Hindu belief, all actions affect a person’s fate in the next life
Dharma- Hindu belief, a person’s religious and moral duties
Moksha-Hindu belief, ultimate goal or existence- union with Brahman
7) he Vedas tells us about Aryan society. It is a collection of hymns, chants, ritual instructions and other religious teachings.
8) In Hinduism, a person’s ultimate goal is to reach moksha, the union with Brahman. They have to free themselves from selfish behavior. In Buddhism, the ultimate goal is nirvana, union with the universe and it releases them from the cycle of rebirth.
9) The caste affected people’s daily life because it gave you certain jobs to do and an idea of identity. You couldn’t leave your caste, marry out of your caste, and family interests came before your own
10) The Mandate to heaven was made so people had a right to rule. This said that dynasty can take charge if another dynasty doesn’t fit the needs for the people. The dynastic cycle is the rise and fall of dynasties.
11) Two cultural achievements made in early China is the creation of silk and The Great Wall. Silk was exclusive to China, and was so wanted by other countries it was China’s number one export and started the Silk Road. The great wall showed the power the emperor had on his people and could be seen from outer space. It is still there today and is a tourist attraction for China
12) Shi Huangdi centralized power threw the help of legalist helpers and his harsh rule. Wudi expanded China’s power by wanting unity.
13) Civilizations and empires in ancient India and china laid long lasting social and political foundations by the introduction of concepts like The Mandate To Heaven. Threw concepts like this people could have a government that support them and if not the dynastic cycle would start. Without this we probably wouldn’t be able to veto elected officials and vote for a president that supports our interests, all starting from there idea that dynasties have the power to take over failed dynasties
14) The Aryan’s developed a social class based off of occupation; this is still in use today between things…