In turn France declared war on Germany because of its alliance with Russia and Britain followed suit. In essence, the ONLY reason there was a World War was because of these alliances.
Nationalism - made the whole of Germany want to unite creating it one big powerful state. Nationalism meant that each country thought it was better and more deserving of every other country. Germany thought this was true.
2. Tanks, poison gas, flamethrowers, and depth charges were some of the major causes of death.
3. Locarno Treaties 1925, Kellog-Briand Pact 1928. Germany was accepted into the League of Nations 1926. The League of Nations was established in 1919 by the Versailles Peace Settlement , this was supposed to embody collective security It failed as a result of member and non member nations to put international interests before national interest.
4. Germany's economy was already destroyed by the peace terms of World War I. Between the large payments and the changes to industry it created wide spread inflation and unemployment. It is those problems that casued many people to turn to the Nazi party, voting them into office becasue of their promise of jobs
5. it was anticipated, quite correctly, that it would bring the war to an early close with dramatic reductions in USA military casualties and costs - an argument bound to be popular with the American public and, therefore, popular with its politicians.
The second reason was R and D (research and development. Having built the bomb and conducted the Trinity test, the USA needed to know how effective it was in terms of ground damage and casualty rates.
6. Adolf Hitler. Came about when Hitler came to power, trying to make a perfect race.
Pol Pot. An attempt by Khmer Rouge leader Pol Pot to form a Communist peasant farming society resulted in the deaths of 25 percent of the country's population from…