1. Legislation Controls the minimum wage. True
2. The U.S. Department of Labor determines minimum wage, overtime, child labor and garnishment regulations. True
3. A well designed compensation system does not require maintenance. False
4. Income Equivalent Payments are commonly referred to as "Spiffs." False
5. The Poverty Class are individuals who usually hold full or part time jobs that pay a wage equal or close to the government established minimum wage. False
6. Exempt workers usually work on salary. True
7. A metric chart provides a more detailed understanding of the job or work flow process. False (See chapter 9)
8. A job title is the most critical part of the job identification. True
9. Managers are a part of an occupational group which pay can vary dramatically. True
10. Paraprofessionals are normally unionized workers. False
11. A performance appraisal is a formal process in which it identifies and documents an employees contribution. True
12. Central Tendency is a rating of average or around to midpoint. True
13. An IRA is a retirement plan that grows money tax deferred. True
14. Severance Pay is a one-time payment upon termination at no fault of the employee. True
15. Expatriate is an employee working at a foreign work site for a period in excess of 1 year. True
SELECT THE BEST ANSWER:
Question 16. Which of the following employee benefits are influenced by legislation? (Points : 5) Minimum wage Number of hours worked Retirement, unemployment plans and disability insurance All the above
Question 17. Who is the largest employer in the United States? (Points : 5) Federal Government United States Postal Service Exxon Oil Company United Auto Workers
Question 18. The development and administration of the human resources/personnel budget is a major responsibility of (Points : 5) U.S President Department of Labor Compensation Specialists Congress
Question 19. Geographical locations are (Points : 5) physical places where workers reside. regions where pay can differentiate. places where jobs are plentiful. addresses where companies reside.
Question 20. Employers usually offer these plans for retirement. (Points : 5) Deferred Income Vacation Paid Trips Severance Pay
Question 21. Which chart shows various relationships among individuals, groups, and departments? (Points : 5) Process Chart Metric Chart Depth Chart Organizational Chart
Question 22. Qualifications of a job holder is referred to as (Points : 5) a job requirement. a job specification. a skill set a job need.
Question 23. Random sampling is a technique that uses (Points : 5) surveys and interviews. questionnaires. variety of statistical methods that may include an array of data random numbers only.
Question 24. Team incentives are plans that (Points : 5) pay little compared to individual incentives. give employees compensation to join groups. pay yearly. are restricted to members with payout based on improvements in productivity, customer satisfaction, and financial performance.
Question 25. This plan provides an enhanced option for educational savings. (Points : 5) 529 Plan College Savings Plan Educational Savings Plan 654(b) Plan
Question 26. The amount of money paid at regular intervals to an employee who retired from a company. (Points : 5) Salary Pension Golden Parachute Contribution Payments
Question 27. A payment made by the state to workers who have temporary lost their job. (Points : 5) Welfare State Assistance Unemployment Insurance Unemployment Benefits
Question 28. Provides income to beneficiaries in case of death. (Points : 5)