Employee Training and Career Development Employee Training and Career Development Operating a successful business or organization requires considering and implementing several key elements. The following not all inclusive list of elements are some of these elements to be considered; Human Resources employee development, marketing, planning, researching and structuring. But really of utmost consideration and execution should be that of Employee Training and Career Development, as overlooking or not placing the proper emphasis upon it will severely affect the health and longevity of the organization.
Organizational Training Development An integral process in developing a cohesive effective workforce within any organization is that of its training program and how it is implemented. In every organization there will always be certain individuals whom have either performance issues or challenging personality traits that need to be recognized, acknowledged and addressed. The development of a comprehensive and effective training program will provide a means of handling employee challenges and help to rectify weak areas with strengthening the overall workforce. Building a well-rounded workforce in regard to skill development, procedural knowledge, and fostering effective teamwork strategies for task completion will pay huge organizational dividends. Also with increased knowledge and acquired skills will be a visible improvement in each individual employee’s consistency and level of performance. Additional well trained individuals whom are confident in their abilities will carry over to their feeling of self-worth and keep them motivated in pursuit of sustained excellence. In summary, effective training affords organizations an essential opportunity to ensure its future success in attaining long and short term goals in a cost effective manner.
Methods of Employee Development A common downfall to some organizations is that they did not place enough emphasis or importance upon the complete development of their employees. What is the rationale for this pervasive thought, some may say that the process of employee development is too costly, overly time consuming or that only marginal results from it are attained. Well the absolute opposite is closer to the truth, the benefits of employee development far outweigh the investment of funds and time and in some cases may reduce operating costs and streamline processes that can reduce task hours required. So with this information in mind let’s explore some methods available for employee development.
• Assignment to a Committee - Allows employees an opportunity to collectively interact and gain insight through observation and investigation as part of a group to solve issues or problems through brainstorming and group decision making.
• Job Rotations: Can be used during both for employee development phase and initial and ongoing training. Job Rotations can expose employees to different positions with the organization that they might normally not have the opportunity to be involved within. Job rotations provide employees a way to acquire new knowledge and skills that can be taken to other assigned positions or to temporarily replace those positions if required.
• Lectures and Seminars: By attending lectures and seminars either in person or online, an employee can be exposed to a large volume of informational instruction that can be imparted upon them during a dedicated span of time with the interruption of daily job duties.
• Position Assisting – For those employees that exhibit a sincere desire or interest in furthering their development, place them with a more experienced worker to mentor them as they perform in a direct assistant capacity. This may end up will them working with mid management, and will possibly help to groom them for future opportunity or responsibilities.
• Simulation: Provides hands on training by simulating