The Bottom Line
Identify the key elements of the ANSI/TIA-568-C Commercial Building Telecommunications Cabling Standard. The ANSI/TIA-568-C Commercial Building Telecommunications Cabling Standard is the cornerstone design requirement for designing, installing and testing a commercial cabling system. It is important to obtain a copy of this standard and to keep up with revisions. The 2009 standard is divided into several sections, each catering to various aspects.
1. Which subsection of the ANSI/TIA-568-C standard would you reference for UTP cabling performance parameters? ANSI/TIA-568-c.2
2. Which subsection of the ANSI/TIA-568-C standard would you reference for optical fiber cabling and component performance parameters? ANSI/TIA-568-c.3
3. What is the recommended multimode fiber type per the ANSI/TIA-568-C.1 standard for backbone cabling? 850nm laser-optimized 50/125-micron multimode fiber
4. Which is typically a more expensive total optical fiber system solution: single-mode or multimode? Single mode
5. The ANSI/TIA-568-C.1 standard breaks structured cabling into six areas. What are these areas? The areas are the horizontal cabling, the backbone cabling, work area, telecommunications room and enclosures, equipment room and the entrance.
1. What section describes the organization of the NEC? Section 90-3
2. What is the pertinent chapter…