Whilst working as a Home Care Assistant my job role is to aim to promote independence and personal dignity whilst providing the highest quality of care with respect for those using our service, within their own home and still being able to remain in control of their lives.
Having good communication skills is a must with service users who may have some degree of communication difficulties. Providing basic and personal care tasks necessary for day-to-day living such as washing, dressing, bathing, feeding and medication administration just to name a few.
My main responsibilities are:
- To follow and provide a package of care as outlined in the Service users Care Plan. These can vary depending on the Service users needs.
- The safe handling and usage of property and equipment belonging to the service user.
- Collection of personal monies for service user e.g. pensions.
- Ensuring work is completed to a high standard and provided according to the care plan.
- Accurately recording the time spent and the work undertaken, on timesheets, work schedules and on service users record books. (as instructed by the manager).
- Record any outcome and condition of the Service user as appropriate.
- Notify the manager of any changes in the Service user condition immediately.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the Service user.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal hygiene and integrity.
- Account for money spent in shopping by producing receipts and record all money transactions on the Income & Expenditure form