Providing privately held furnishing company.
Provide their products at low prices.
IKEA offering franchising to worldwide.
Controlled over by Kamprag family.
What is Sustainability?
Sustainable development is development that seeks to meet the needs and aspirations of the present without compromising the ability to meet those of the future.
(WCED 1987, p.40)
Environmental Sustainability is :
The maintenance of the factors and practices that contribute to the quality of environment on a long-term basis.
Business Which Contributes
To Global Sustainability
IKEA Contributes Environmental
90 percent of our sales value shall come from home furnishing products classified as “more sustainable” in the IKEA Sustainability product Score Card
• IKEA eliminate the use of tropical rainforest for their furniture for the environmental impacts
• Their long term timber comes from certified forest FSC (Forest
Reduce Chemicals To Cut Environmental
Copper chrome arsenic(CCA) Formaldehyde
Polyvinylchloride for cable(PVC) Substances which are not allow to be used in the production IKEA Say
NO to plastic bags
Blue bag program
- Launched to reduce the amount of bag consumption in IKEA stores which resulted in 95% cut down
- Designed to charge customers a nickel per plastic bag and 59 cents for every reusable big blue bag in order to encourage people to love the global
CFL light bulbs
- More environmental friendly
- Last ten times longer than standard incandescent bulbs
- Reduce the process of emitting viewer green-house gases into the environment
- Lowest mercury level in the global market
Emission & Fuel
• Choose transport company which meet the EC standards on emission and noise.
• Maximizing the efficiency of shipment - use flat packaging so take up little transport volume
- use railroad for long distance transport Community Focus In Environmental Strategy
Partners towards Global Contribution
The Network for Transport and Environment (NTM)