1. A human being loses an average of 40 to 100 strands of hair a day.
2. A cough releases an explosive charge of air that moves at speeds up to 60 mph.
3. Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.
4. A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of three months.
5. A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph.
6. Every person has a unique tongue print.
7. According to German researchers, the risk of heart attack is higher on Monday than any other day of the week.
8. After spending hours working at a computer display, look at a blank piece of white paper. It will probably appear pink.
9. An average human drinks about 16,000 gallons of water in a lifetime.
10. A fingernail or toenail takes about 6 months to grow from base to tip.
11. An average human scalp has 100,000 hairs.
12. It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
13. Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood we have only 206 in our bodies.
14. Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body. If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly 30 feet long in his lifetime.
15. By age sixty, most people have lost half of their taste buds. By the time you turn 70, your heart will have beat some two-and-a-half billion times (figuring on an average of 70 beats per minute.)
16. Each square inch of human skin consists of twenty feet of blood vessels.
17. Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.