Suggested site- www.cdc.gov, feel free to use other reliable sites as well.
1. What animal can transmit Cryptococcus?
Bird species tend to transmit Cryptococcus.
2. Can dogs and cats get Cryptococcus?
Yes, any animal is able to get Cryptococcus.
3. What is the infectious agent for Bubonic Plague?
The infectious agent is Basterium Yersinia Pestis.
4. By how much was the world population reduced during the Plague pandemic?
About 450 million would be reduced.
5. What year (within the past 100 years) did the world experience a flu pandemic?
Within the past 100 years the Spanish Flu in 1918 was flu pandemic.
6. What are 3 symptoms of chikungunya fever?
3 symptoms are fever, headache, and vomiting.
7. What bacterium causes Lyme’s disease?
The bacterium that causes Lyme’s disease is Borrelia burgdorferi.
8. What is ‘erythema migrans?’
It is the rash often seen in the early stages of Lyme disease and is also a skin infection with Borrelia burgdorfer.
9. Find a disease transmitted by rabbits and list 2 symptoms.
A disease transmitted by rabbits is Tularemia and the two symptoms are fever and diarrhea.
10. What are symptoms of guinea worm disease?
Symptoms include: fever, swelling and pain in the area that the worm is.
11. How long can a guinea worm grow?
They can grow up to 2-3 feet long.
12. Describe lymphocytic filariasis.
A parasitic disease caused by a worm. And the adult worms can only live in the human lymph system.
13. On what day of the year does world TB day occur?
March 24th is when it occurs.
14. How do seasonal,…