Person I “interviewed” name was Miguel
1. What inspired you to become a U.S. citizen?
What inspired me to becoming a U.S. citizen was so I can move to America and live with my girlfriend and so we can get married.
2. What steps did you have to take as part of the naturalization process?
The first thing I did was put in my application, after that they did my fingerprints and made me pay for the service. Then I waited a few weeks and took an interview and had to answer questions about U.S. history in English. Last they made me swear an oath of loyalty to the United States of America.
3. How would you describe how you felt about the process?
It was a very long process, and I was very stressed out that it couldn’t happen faster.
4. How has gaining citizenship changed your life? Is your daily life different because of gaining citizenship?
Gaining citizenship greatly changed my life because now I can be with my wife (girlfriend previously), good part-time job and I’m attending college here.
5. Do you feel the process was worthwhile?
It was very long but in the end it was worth it. I have so much more then I had in Brazil.
6. If you had to, would you do it again? Please explain.
I would do it again with no regret. I would wait twice as long if I truly had to. I love my new life
7. How do you like your new rights being a U.S. citizen?
Being a U.S. citizen grants I so much more then I once had. I’m no longer afraid of being…