1. What is an element?
2. What is a compound?
9. How many protons, electrons and neutrons are there in the following elements (select the most common isotope)? a) Lithium
11. Complete the following table:
Chemical Group Physical Properties Chemical Properties
12. Draw a Bohr diagrams for the following atoms
13. Draw a Bohr diagrams for the following ions
14. Is the ion of the following element positively or negatively charged? a) Beryllium
15. State the ionic charge of each ion. a) Bicarbonate
16. Do metals gain or lose electrons in an ionic bond?
17. Positive ions are called _______________.
18. Negative ions are called ______________.
19. Name the compounds a) NaCl
23. Name the compounds. a) [pic]
20. Name the following Polyatomic Ions a) [pic]
21. Write the formulas for the following oxy-acids, don’t for get [pic] sign. a) Nitric acid
b) Chloric acid
c) Carbonic acid
d) Phosphoric acid
e) Sulfuric acid
22. Write the formulas for the following compounds. a) Sodium hydroxide ― b) Sodium chlorate ― c) Calcium nitrate ― d) Zinc Nitrate ― e) Ammonium sulfate ― f) Lithium Bicarbonate ― g) Calcium phosphate ― h) Calcium chlorate ― i) Aluminum nitrite ―
24. Name all the diatomic molecules and give their chemical formula?
26. Write a chemical and word equation for the following,
When hydrogen peroxide reacts with oxygen with the catalyst manganese oxide, water and oxygen is produces.
28. Write the following chemical equations as word equations. (You can balance and state the type of reaction too.)
29. Write the general formula for the different types of reactions.
30. Balance the following equations. (State the type of reaction too)
31. State the Law of Conservation of Mass.
36. What does pH stand for and what is a pH scale used for?
38. When an acid and base react they produce _________ and __________.
40. Name the following Binary Acids. a) HCl
41. When do atoms bond covalently and when do they bond ironically?
44. Properties of Acids and Bases
|ACIDS |BASES |
|- |- |
| | |