ADV 112: Marketing and Advertising Strategies. Time: 3:30
Assignment 4, due Tuesday 7th October 2014
Marketing research and recommendation about Olloclip company’s products: iPhone/ Samsung Galaxy 4-in-1 lense
The olloclip brand includes a growing line of groundbreaking tools and accessories for the mobile photographer. Olloclip has attracted a legion of passionate users in just a few years’ time, not to mention distribution through Apple retail stores worldwide and through leading retailers across the globe. The company remains committed to finding new and exciting ways to enhance the mobile photography category — and make capturing and sharing life’s experiences more fun and creative. Olloclip 4-in-1 lens is a family of award winning lens systems for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch & Samsung Galaxy S. It is a quick-connect lens solution for the iPhone that includes Fisheye, Wide-Angle and 2 Macro lenses in one small, convenient package that easily fits in your pocket – and the palm of your hand. It connects to the iPhone within seconds so you’ll be sure to capture the image you want. If you don’t see the picture you’re looking for, just flip it over to switch lenses.
Olloclip 4-in-1 lens for iPhone or Samsung galaxy has been rated really high in the market for smart phone’s acessory. I have done a quick survey and research about this product and figure out 3 different factors that will definitely help Olloclip to gain the use and sale revenue.
These are positive reviews from the customers:
1. “For photos it's brilliant. And quite honesly it's brilliant for videos too with a little snag... unfortunately the olloclip covers an iPhone microphone; the one that is positioned between the lens and the flash on the rear-facing camera. So when the olloclip is in place, it is covering the microphone and that does have consequences. A distortion is audible when you are playing back video shot with the olloclip in place.” By M. Erb on Amazon.
2. “I wouldn't say this would replace a DSLR (if that's why you are looking into this) but it is great for when you don't have your pro camera and need to get the shot! Overall I am very happy with it! The Fisheye is so cool!” by TP on December 26, 2013, Amazon.
3. “If you are addict in taking photos but have not enough money to purchase a real camera, by this one. It worths the price and meet my expectation really well.” By Daniel Nguyen on June 14, 2014, Amazon.
And here are negative reviews:
1. “We decided to leave the point-and-shoot home for a vacation and add this promising device to my partner's iPhone 5. We purchased the Olloclip 4-in-1 wide-angle attachment to find that, because of absolutely no documentation (in the box or online) it was extremely confusing to install. The box contained no installation instructions about function, nor any suggestions on how to manage (step-by-step) lens changing, and which side to use in which direction. Also, no suggestions for things to avoid. (Forcing the extremely tight fit has already shot the lens assembly into the air onto the floor).” By Joy Pepper on June 27, 2014, Amazon.
2. “See what it says in the title? +Quick-Flip Case. This did NOT come with a Quick Flip case. It takes a lot of time to change the lenses.” By James Mcdonald on May 21, 2014, Amazon.
A few questions that were asked by customers: “Will it fit over a case like an otter box?” (No), “the iPhone 6 is coming out in a