Ivan Petrovich Pavlov
September 26, 1846 – February 27,1936
• Born in Ryazan, Russia
• Develop Classical Conditioning which is a type of teaching that connects organism to stimuli. What is Classical conditioning • Classical conditioning is when a human or/and animal is taught new things by reflexive or involuntary response.
Famous Pavlov dog experiement Different types of conditioning • Ivan Pavlov theory was developed in
• Pavlov used 4 methods of responces to develop his theory;
-Unconditioned Stimulus (UCS)
-Unconditioned Response (UCR)
-Conditioned Stimulus (CS)
-Conditioned Response (CR)
• Is a stimulus that evokes a response.
EXAMPLE; for a hungry person, salivating when seeing food .
• In Pavlov experiment Dog food was the UCS.
• Is the behavior that occurs naturally due to stimulus. EXAMPLE: salivating when your hungry after seeing food.
• In Pavlov experiment the salivation of the dog when he saw the food. Definitions
Stimulus that are repeated association with
stimulus evokes response. • In Pavlov experiement he used a bell to help the dog associate that the food was coming. Conditioned
• The behavior that accurs naturally during given stimulus. However the person or animal has to make an association to that stimulus with another. • In Pavlov experiement the usage of the bell,