2. What was the significance of “Machito and His Afro-Cubans”?
They were colored people who They Created Afro-Cuban Jazz in the U.S.
3. How did Dizzy Gillespie incorporate Latin music into his music?
The rhythm of jazz was very boring, and incorporated a tom-tom into his music. Chano Ponzo was invited into Dizzy’s band and made the jazz songs into Jazz and Latin songs.
4. What was the Palladium?
The Palladium was a club Located in mid-town Manhattan, with live music, food, and dancing. Dancing evolved at the Palladium and many movie stars and important people went there to see dancing and music evolve.
5. How did the television and films increase the exposure of the US to Latin music?
I love lucy used Latin Music and Latin Dancing and it quickly became the most popular show on television. Many movies used latin music and dancing in them as well.
6. How did Latin music influence rock music?
Latin and Rock music mixed together to create bands like the Beetles and completely capture the youth. Latin music and rock and roll were both universal and together they were the only think people listened to.
7. Why do you think Latin music had such a great influence on the development of popular music?
Latin Music is always changing and has an upbeat rhythm that is good for