Position: SOCIAL CARE WORKER
Responsible To: Homes Manager
Reports To: Senior Staff Member on Duty
In accordance with Care Quality Commission and The White Paper Valuing People, the staff member will endeavour to contribute and participate in providing quality care and life experiences to the service user based upon the six basic values of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment. To be available to work and help provide a therapeutic, supportive, structured and relaxed environment in which service users can develop and enjoy their lives.
1. To participate in life planning for particular service users to include:
a) Identifying the service user’s emotional, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and make appropriate decisions for action in consultation with the Management team.
b) Delivering of a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that such service user files are recorded and maintained accurately. c) Liasing with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
2. To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team.
3. To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
4. To contribute to the preparation of reports and participate in service users’ reviews as required.
5. To supervise and share mealtimes with service users, to encourage a positive attitude towards food and appropriate behaviour at mealtimes.
6. To assist in the delivery of day care opportunities, following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from, day care staff.
7. To use initiative in creating, and delivery of, appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
8. To accompany and organise transport which requires service users to attend activities outside of the home.