Surveying the Text
• Basically, in the past I’ve read “Macbeth” and “Romeo and Juliet”
• They were all cut in half and brought to the next line.
• It’s written as a poem.
• A tragedy is a horrible event that usually causes pain or suffering. You often find death in a tragedy.
• The language Shakespeare uses is difficult to understand and barely makes any sense. In the past, I usually had to read with a dictionary close by to define the words he uses in his plays
• He is asking whether he should exist or not. Ithink he might not want to exist.
First Reading I’d say he was being a pessimist due to the fact that he would question he should live or die, while naming the good and the bad things that would come out of his death.
“There’s the respect that makes calamity of so long life” “The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks” “For who bears the whips and scorns from life” “The insolence of office, and the officials” “The patient merit of the unworthy takes, when he himself might his quietus make” “To grunt and sweat under a weary life”
“There’s the respect that makes calamity of so long life” (There’s the consideration that makes us live a misfortunate life) “The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks” (The many set-backs) “To grunt and sweat under a weary life” (To sweat from living a tiring life.)
• Emotion, since he uses loaded words along with metaphors and similes to have the audience picture the emotions in their head.
• Emotion. I guess he tries to make us feel bad for him when he states the negatives.
• Logic, because he states at the end that everyone are cowards and that if they weren’t scared of death, most people would’ve committed suicide due to being miserable.
• Not really, considering that most of his plays are fictional.
Surveying the Text
• Lance Armstrong is bicycle racer who had cancer and was caught using steroids. He was also dating the rockstar, Sheryl Crow.
• Well, the story is more about how he got through cancer and other things than it is a biography.
Catheter Medical tube
Demise and expire are related to eachother. They both also mean death. Constitution