INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE - Flexible Container
Tear outer wrap at notch and remove solution container. If supplemental medication is desired, follow directions below before preparing for administration. Some opacity of the plastic due to moisture absorption during the sterilization process may be observed. This is normal and does not affect the solution quality or safety. The opacity will diminish gradually.
To Add Medication
1. Prepare additive port.
2. Using aseptic technique and an additive delivery needle of appropriate length, puncture
Re-sealable additive port at target area, inner diaphragm and inject. Withdraw needle after injecting medication.
3. The additive port may be protected by covering with an additive cap.
4. Mix container contents thoroughly.
Preparation for Administration
(Use aseptic technique)
1. Close flow control clamp of administration set.
2. Remove cover from outlet port at bottom of container.
3. Insert piercing pin of administration set into port with a twisting motion until the set is firmly seated. NOTE: See full directions on administration set carton.
4. Suspend container from hanger.
5. Squeeze and release drip chamber to establish proper fluid level in chamber.
6. Open flow control clamp and clear air from set. Close clamp.
7. Attach set to venipuncture device. If device is not indwelling, prime and make venipuncture.
8. Regulate rate of administration with flow control clamp.
WARNING: Do not use flexible container in series connections.
Mannitol I.V. (Mannitol Injection, USP) is supplied in single-dose containers as follows:
List No. Conc. % Size (mL)
7712 5 1000 Flexible Container
7713 10 1000 Flexible Container
7714 15 500 Flexible Container
7715 20 250 Flexible Container…