Introduction to Leadership Concepts - Fall 2013
1. Class Leaders will be responsible for attending their assigned section of Introduction to Leadership Concepts during the fall semester. Class leaders will be assigned to teach on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday based on class schedule and availability. Tuesday 9:30-11:20 or 1:30-3:20 Wednesday 8:30-10:20 or 11:30-1:20 Thursday 1:30-3:20 (this class has an emphasis on service learning)
2. All Class Leaders are required to attend mandatory class prep meetings. These meetings are designed to inform class leaders of course content, group activities, assignment dates, and class announcements. Class prep meetings will be scheduled on the day you teach. • Tuesday Sections will meet from 3:30-4:30 on Tuesday • Wednesday Sections will meet from 3:30-4:30 on Wednesday • Thursday Sections will meet from 3:30-4:30 on Thursday
3. Class Leaders must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and be in good standing with the University.
4. Class Leaders are required to be in their third year of college. Class standing is based on years in college, not number of credit hours.
5. Class Leaders must be willing to commit significant hours outside of class to prepare, plan, grade, meet with students, and assist with group community service projects. (Outside class time will range from 3 – 8 hours a week depending on course content.)
6. Class Leaders will be asked to attend workshops focused on peer mentoring, and classroom facilitation between March 27th and May 8th. Class leaders will also be asked to attend fall workshops focused on classroom management, lesson planning, and student evaluation (grading papers).…