POS/355 Introduction to Operational Systems
Team Members/Contact Information
Time zone and
Availability During the Week
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday
8:00 PM - 10:00 PM PST
Team Ground Rules and Guidelines
What are the general expectations for all members of the team?
1. Correspondence and meetings will be conducted through the team forum. Every team member should make the effort to participate daily, allowing for each members opinion to be heard and for projects to be finished in a timely manner. Team members who know they will be absent on particular days should post any ideas, topic choices, or individual submissions prior to their absence.
2. Any e-mail communication between members regarding course material must be copied to all team members and a thread must be posted stating that this has occurred.
3. E-mail and phone contact is for emergency communication when computers are down or a team member needs to be notified of a situation. Any phone communication will be posted to the team discussion threads to inform and update other team members.
4. All work for the assignments will be posted to the team forum no later than the day before established due date. Our due date would be on Monday. The final draft for the assignment should be compiled and submitted to the team forum for review no later than 11pm EST on the day before the due date if at all possible. The team calendar can be referenced for specific due dates related to each project.
5. Every team member must completely understand the team’s expectations of his or her contribution to the final project. Every team member should post individual contributions correctly using APA format, and be available to correct their portions during review/edit days, before final submission. Any plagiarism is unacceptable and will be brought to the instructor’s attention.
Expectations for Time Management and Involvement
(Participation, communication with the team, accessibility, etc.)
Every team member should participate 100%. We can communicate with each other via emails for meetings or the phone if necessary. I think emailing is appropriate so that we can have a hard copy of the conversations and points that were brought up. Assignments should be turned into the team leader the Saturday before the due date. When the team leader has a final draft, it should be submitted to all team members for approval before it is submitted to the instructor.
Ensuring Fair and Even Contribution and Collaboration
What strategy will you use to ensure that all team members are contributing and collaborating appropriately? Describe the communication strategy you will use if a team member is not contributing and collaborating effectively. How will the team manage