2013-2014 Financial Aid Verification Statement
Financial Aid Office
550 East Spring St.
Rhodes Hall, Rm. 143
Columbus, OH 43215
(614) 287-3985 Fax
Your financial aid application has been selected for a process called verification. Verification must be completed before you receive financial aid.
Effective 2013-2014, we can no longer accept copies of federal tax returns. If a 2012 tax return was filed, a 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript must be submitted along with this Verification Statement if requested by our office. An IRS Tax Return Transcript can be requested at www.IRS.gov or by calling the IRS automated line at 1-800-908-9946. If the automated line is not available, call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
Please Note: We cannot accept an IRS Tax Account Transcript.
Please include the student’s name and Cougar ID on all documents submitted to ensure proper identification. Be sure to complete both pages of this form, sign where indicated, and return to the Financial Aid Office at Columbus State. Please see the Financial Aid web page at http://www.cscc.edu/services/financial-aid/ for paperwork deadlines.
Please be advised: The Financial Aid Office may request additional documentation to support information you or members of your household provided on this form.
STEP 1. INFORMATION ABOUT FAMILY MEMBERS
Please list the people in the household, including:
• Your spouse, if applicable.
• Your children, if you will provide more than half of their support from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014 or if the child would be required to provide your information if they were completing a FAFSA for 2013-2014. Include children who meet either of these standards, even If they do not live with you. DO NOT INCLUDE CHILDREN FOR WHOM YOU PAY CHILD SUPPORT unless you can provide documentation that you provide more than half of their support.
• Your custodial parent(s) (if your parents are separated or divorced, your custodial parent is the parent you have lived with most in the last 12 months – if this parent has remarried, your step-parent must be included);
• Your parents’ dependent children (if they receive more than half of their support from your custodial parent(s) or if they would be required to provide parental information when applying for federal student aid);
• Others only if they (1) currently live with and receive more than half of their support from you or your custodial parent(s), (2) will continue to reside with you or your custodial parent(s), and (3) receive their support between July 1, 2013 and June 30,
• Fill in the “Name of college” field only for those who will be enrolled at least half time in a degree, diploma, or certificate program at an eligible postsecondary educational institution any time between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014.
Full name of family members
Relationship to student
Name of college attending in 2013-2014
(Do not include parents in college)
Please complete next page
STEP 2. TAX RETURN FILING STATUS
Student and Spouse Filing Status (all students)
____I have already completed my return.
____I will file but have not yet completed my return.
Parent/Step-parents(s) Filing Status
____My parent(s) have already completed their return.
____My parent(s) will file, but they have not yet filed their return ____My parent(s) are not going to file. (See Step 4)
____My parent(s) have filed an amended return. (Your parent(s) must submit a 2012 IRS Tax Return
Transcript and a signed copy of IRS Form 1040X)
____I am not going to file. (See Step 3)
____ I have filed an amended return. (You must submit