New Testament Reading Plan -WEEK 1
HOLY GOSPEL OF ST. MARK Chapters 1-7
1. St. John the Baptist baptized the people in: C
a.) The Nile River
b.) The Red Sea
c.) The Jordan River
2. Complete the verse: Then a voice came from Heaven "You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
3. What happened at the baptism of the Lord Jesus Christ by St. John the Baptist? The sky split and the Holy Spirit descended as a dove.
4. Whose mother-in-law did the Lord Jesus Christ heal? Peter’s
1. Complete the verse: "Son, your sins are forgiven you.”
2. True or False? The Lord Jesus Christ did not like to sit with the tax collectors and sinners. False
3. What did the Lord Jesus Christ say to the paralytic man before He healed him? “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.”
4. Why were the Lord Jesus Christ's disciples not fasting? The bridegroom being “taken away from them” is a reference Jesus makes to His own death and subsequent resurrection. Now until that happens, of course, the disciples will not fast; they will rejoice and celebrate in the presence of Christ. But after the death and resurrection of Jesus, after His ascension into heaven, the time for fasting will come.
1. Who did the Lord Jesus Christ see when He entered the synagogue? A man with a shriveled hand was there.
2. What name did the Lord Jesus Christ give to Simon? Peter
3. List the names of the twelve apostles.
Simon(Peter), James son of Zebedee and his brother John (Boanerges), Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot
4. The people tried to accuse the Lord Jesus Christ of healing a man on the Sabbath. What did the Lord Jesus say to them? “How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. In fact, no one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house. Truly I tell you, people can be forgiven all their sins and every slander they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”
1. Where did the multitude gather? By the sea
2. The seeds that fell on the thorns are like those who hear the word and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
3. In the Parable of the Sower the seeds that fell among the thorns represent what kind of people? People who only care for possessions and the worldly lusts.
4. What did the Lord…