True/False- Mark “A” for True and “B” for False. 1. When Ralph is elected chief, Jack is so frustrated that he refuses to hunt. 2. Ralph starts the signal fire by rubbing two sticks together. 3. The signal fire goes out because Jack and the hunters neglect it. 4. A wild boar eats the littlun who has a mulberry-colored birthmark on his face. 5. Piggy’s parents will come find them. 6. The conch provides a symbol for authority that the boys recognize as civilized. 7. The main source of food on the island is food scavenged from the wreckage of the airplane. 8. The boys murder Simon because they think that he is “batty.” 9. Piggy is not afraid of Jack because he knows …show more content…
34. While staring at the severed pig’s head, Simon has a mystical experience that reveals to him that the beast is a. on the mountain top b. a creature that the boys can hunt and kill c. a creature from the sea d. the evil within the human heart and mind
35. Roger is unable to throw rocks directly at the “littlun” on the beach because a. the laws of civilization restrain him b. he is afraid of what Ralph will do c. the “littlun” is partially hidden by a “sandy white wall” d. Ralph is watching him too closely.
36. Piggy’s auntie owns a a. factory b. bakery c. private school d. dress shop e. candy store
37. What functions does the fire serve? a. warmth b. cooks food c. a,b,d d. sends a rescue signal e. a and b
38. Piggy suffers from a. chronic diarrhea b. fatigue c. hearing impairment d. asthma e. congenital heart defect
39. The destruction of