M23 Law for Licenced Premises Essay

Words: 2002
Pages: 9

M23 Law for Licensed Premises | Task 1: Manager’s Guide to Licensing Legislation | Due Date: 25/03/13 Aleesha Wright I.D: 26474 Tutor: Pavel Pleskot Term 2 |

Contents * Different Types of Licences * Off-Licence * On-Licence * Club * Special Locations * Events * Differences between Personal licence and Premises Licence UK/NZ * DPS – (Designated Premises Supervisor) * Procedures for Licence applications UK/NZ * Usability of guidelines on the conduct of licenced premises for use of staff * Policy for legislation in relation to alcohol measures/ weights

Hospitality Managers Guide to Licencing Legislation
…show more content…
DPS is short for designated premises supervisor. If you are supplying alcohol under a premises licence then you can only do so if there is a DPS named on your licence. It is an offence to supply alcohol without a DPS named on the premises licence. * Can I be a DPS at more than one premises at a time?
The Licensing Act 2003 allows for a person to be DPS at multiple premises. However, you will need to decide whether, in practice, this is viable since a DPS is, by definition, the person who is in day to day control of the premises.
Process for NZ Licence Application * Three copies of the completed application form plus all documentation. * Planning certificate. * Building certificate. * Owner's permission (in writing). * A copy of the certificate of incorporation (if applying in a company name). * A copy of the floor plans of the premises. * Plans which highlight the areas that are restricted or supervised and the principal entrance. * A location map showing the site. * A copy of the menu. * A copy of your host responsibility policy. * A photo showing the principal entrance. * A letter of authorisation for the consultant (if you are using a liquor licensing consultant to make the application on your behalf). * Two public notices (which must be placed in the newspaper once the application for the on-licence has been lodged with the District Licensing Agency and not before). * Copies