1. "The number of transistors per square inch on an integrated chip doubles every 18 months." This observation is known as ________ Law.
2. Which of the following is an example of the hardware component of an information system?
A) Web browser
B) operating system
D) data file
3. The five-component framework of an information system consists of computer hardware, software, data, people, and ________.
C) device drivers
4. Which of the following is NOT a key element of the definition of management information systems (MIS)?
A) …show more content…
A) inbound logistics
B) sales and marketing
C) outbound logistics
27. Which of the following strategies is also called establishing high switching costs?
A) establishing alliances
B) locking in suppliers
C) reducing costs
D) locking in customers
28. A ________ is 1,024 bytes.
29. Which of the following is sometimes called the "brain" of the computer?
A) magnetic disk
B) special function cards
C) central processing unit
D) main memory
30. Computers represent data by using ________.
31. ________ is a program that controls the computer's resources.
B) Operating system
32. The CPU has a small amount of very fast memory called ________.
A) the main memory
B) a data channel
C) serial bus
D) a cache
33. CPU speed is expressed in ________.
34. Which of the following is true of a client?
A) They usually have multiple CPUs.
B) They have software that enables them to connect to a network.
C) They have limited video displays or no display at all.
D) They can process emails or large shared databases.
35. For some commercial Web sites, the server is actually a large collection of