Male–male Sexual Interactions Essays

Submitted By agary84
Words: 937
Pages: 4

Historical and Scientific Perspectives on Homosexuality
Gary Anderson
Lisa Lorenz
Historical and Scientific Perspectives on Homosexuality

After reading chapter 10, I have learned that people of ancient Greece men had sexual relationships with adolescent males at the age of a youngster first growing a beard. If you where to look close at a Greek vases is of an older man inserting his penis between the Youngster's thighs and thrusting until he ejaculates. The Romans known as feminine gay men who dressed outrageously, hair styles and, behaviors, and went to certain Localities, looking for a companion. It was the key swing of the corruption of Rome. The Christian Church look at homosexuality in a negative way. Florence, a Christian city of the fifteenth century was presumed to house many Sodomites., Jews and Christians have referred to male to male sexual acts as the sin of Sodom that is considered the origins of the term sodomy it is when anal intercourse and oral–genital contact. In the Bible of the book of Genesis, the city of Sodom was destroyed by God. Pope Gregory III of the eighth-century account of the city's elimination as punishment for sexual action with people of the same sex. Sodomy was so common in Florence that the city's governors, created the "Office of the Night" in 1432, which permitted the populace to blame people of sodomy namelessly. Within a seventy year period 17,000 men were investigated as possible sodomites, half of the male population of Florence during that period! Less than 3,000 was convicted. Those who was convicted were required to pay a fine rather than put into prison. The book of Leviticus in its condemnation: says, if a man lies with a man as with a woman, both of them have committed an Abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them. (Leviticus 20:13), even though this was not the only sexual act that is sinful by the early Christians. The fall of the Roman Empire led Christianity to spread across Western Europe civil statutes throughout Western Europe contained penalties for no procreative sexual acts that involves a person having an orgasm which include oral or anal sex, masturbation, male–male sexual behavior. The Cultural Perspectives of Male–male sexual behavior has been practiced in many societies. Ford and Beach say that (64%), and male–male sexual interactions were looked at as normal and socially acceptable for some members of the group. The other (36%) had sanctions against male–male sexual behavior. Broude and Greene says that male–male sexual behavior was present but uncommon in 41% of a sample of 70 of the world's non-European societies. It was unusual or absent in 59% of these societies. Broude and Greene found evidence of societal punishment of male–male sexual activity in 41% of a sample of 42 societies for which information was available. In some cultures, Sexual activities between males are limited to rites that mark the young male's initiation into manhood. In some cultures semen is thought to boost strength Zambian people of New Guinea, warlike headhunters, 7- to 10-year-old males leave their parents' households move into a clubhouse type of building with other adolescent males. Older males would transmit semen to younger males through oral or anal sexual activities they undergo sexual rites of passage. To obtain the fierce manhood of the headhunter, they are encouraged to take in as much semen as they can, Ingestion of Semen is thought to give rise to puberty. Young men are to take brides and enter into exclusively male–female sexual relations. Too much is not…