Case Write up
Taken directly from the text:
Spears, Marian and Gregoir, Mary , Foodservice Organizations: a managerial and systems approach. Pearson Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
Instructions: Using this Word document, answer 20 of the 21 questions below, writing in your answers in the space below each question. Upload your paper in the Week 7 Learning Module section at the end of Unit 7.
Based on Material from Chapter 1:
1. Residents have asked for there to be more display cooking done in the dining room. How would each component of the foodservice systems model be impacted by such a decision?
Based on Material from Chapter 2:
1. Residents have voiced concerns about the quality of the bakery products served in the coffee shop. Develop a fishbone diagram of possible causes. Describe how the Pan-Do-Check-Act cycle might be implemented as part of a quality management program.
Based on Material from Chapter 3:
1. The Fairfax Food and Beverage Manager desires to add a room service menu. What recommendations would you make for items on that menu and why?
Based on material from Chapter 4:
1. Describe the food product flow at the Fairfax.
2. The Fairfax has conventional and ready-prepared production as part of its foodservice operation. Describe what might be examples of products prepared in each.
Based on material from Chapter 5:
1. Describe examples of procurement that could be used at the Fairfax to help control food costs.
2. How might the purchasing manager incorporate resident’s opinions when making purchasing decisions?
Based on material from Chapter 6:
1. Describe examples of production controls that could be used at the Fairfax to help control food costs.
2. Resident satisfaction is important to the foodservice manager at the Fairfax. Describe how you might involve residents in product evaluation.
Based on material from Chapter 7
1. Describe the types of service used at the Fairfax.
Based on material from Chapter 8
1. Develop policies related to food safety for the Fairfax.
2. Describe sanitation procedures that should be followed at the Fairfax.
Based on material from Chapter 9
1. Describe how the Fairfax food and beverage director might perform each of Mintzberg’s