TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. IDENTIFY MAYBELLINES CORPORATE & MARKETING OBJECTIVES 3. DEFINE THE PROBLEM 4. EXTERNAL ENVIROMENTAL PROBLEM
* MARKET DEFINITION * MARKET SIZE * MARKET GROWTH * MARKET STRUCTURE * MARKET TRENDS * COMPETITION * MARKET SEGMENTATION
5. INTERNAL ENVIROMENT (EXISTING MARKETING MIX)
* PRICE, PRODUCT, POSITION, PROMOTION * DISTRIBUTION * RESOURCE ANALYISIS * FINANCIAL SITUATION * SWOT ANALYISIS
6 .SELECT SEGMENTS FOR ATTACK
7. IDENTIFY ALTERNATIVES
8. SELECTION OF BEST ALTERNATIVE
9.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
1. …show more content…
* MARKET STRUCTURE
Competition against Maybelline in the global market appears to be strong, an example of this is Revlon’ s Max Factor and Beatrix cosmetic brands in Europe and Japan already using a well established network for product distribution and marketing.
This would indicate that as profitable as entering the global market appears based on the existing market structure Maybelline’s strategic distribution channels and network will either create or inhibit their ability to compete internationally.
Porters Five Force Model-
* MARKET TRENDS
With sales for affordable cosmetic products on the rise it would appear that Maybelline’s position in its current domestic market very well attuned to its customers needs, providing a comprehensive range of diverse cosmetic products, Maybelline has structured itself to appeal to all age, and race demographics, the use of Multicultural models, an integral stepping stone to international market appeal.
Technologically their use of EDI (electronic data interchange), allows for comprehensive market research to discover key customer buying trends by geographic purchases.
Internationally Direct competition are companies such as Procter & Gamble owning Revlon,