1. DEFINE: Clinical Death
the condition of a person when heartbeat and respiration have ceased
2. What is the effect of clinical death on the brain??
the brain stops functioning
3. What is brain death?
when the entire brain, including the brain stem, has irreversibly lost all function
4. How is brain death diagnosis?
5. What is the Uniform Determination of Death Act ?
a draft state law that was approved for the USA in 1981 by the NAtional
Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws is intended “to provide a
comprehensive and medically sound basis for determining death in allsisutations”
6. How does the American Academy of Neurology define brain death?
coma,absence of brainstem reflexes,
7. Why is it often difficult to diagnose brain death?
they may look like they are in a coma or in shock
8. What is an EEG?
The EEG measures brain voltage in microvolts
9. Give and define the two types of euthanasia
voluntary euthanasia the person concerned asks someone to help them die,
perhaps by asking for help to take an overdose of painkillers
involuntary euthanasia euthanasia is carried out without the patient’s consent, for
example, if they are in a persistent vegetative state and no longer able to live without a life
support machine, which is then switched off
10. Define: Ordinary means of preserving life
describe those means of prolonging life which are morally required in view of
the duty to preserve life and health
11. Define: Extraordinary means
means is measures which are not in this way morally required
12. DEFINE Bioethics
Bioethics, the study of the ethical questions arising from biological (especially
medical) research and technology