[The Biography Of Bill Gates] | |
Bill Gates Biography
* Person’s name: Bill Gates ( AKA, William Henry Gates III)
* Date of Birth: Born October 28, 1955
* Place of Birth: Seattle, Washington
* Date of Death: Doesn’t have one… Still alive!
* What is this person most famous for? Bill Gates is most famous for being the cofounder and CEO of the company of Microsoft, which changed the view of the internet forever on.
* Early life of this person: (Childhood, Schools, interests, hobbies) He had an early interest in software and began programming computers at the age of thirteen. In 1973, Bill Gates became a student at Harvard University. The Gates family atmosphere was warm and close, and all three of the Gates children were encouraged to be competitive and strive for excellence. Bill showed early signs of competitiveness when he coordinated family athletic games at their summer house on Puget Sound. He also obsessed with playing board games (Risk was his favorite) and excelled in Monopoly.
* Early Influences (Must include 3 events that influenced the individual) Bill Gates grew up in an upper middle-class family with two sisters: Kristianne, who is older, and Libby, who is younger. Their father, William H. Gates, Sr., was a promising, if somewhat shy, law student when he met his future wife, Mary Maxwell. She was an athletic, outgoing student at the University of Washington, actively involved in student affairs and leadership. The Gates family atmosphere was warm and close, and all three children were encouraged to be competitive and strive for excellence. Bill had a very close relationship with his mother, Mary, who after a brief career as a teacher devoted her time to helping raise the children and working on civic affairs and with charities. She also served on several corporate boards, among them First Interstate Bank in Seattle (founded by her grandfather), the United Way, and International Business Machines (IBM). She would often take Bill along on her volunteer work in schools and community organizations.
* Education (must include its role or significance in later life) Bill Gates went to school at Lakeside Prep School in Middle School after his parents sent him there believing that he seemed kind of a