Definition communicable disease
One that can be passed from one person to another.
What can lead to the transmission of communicable diseases?
Touching/put on skin, sneezing, coughing, sharing food or drinks, kissing, sharing towels, sharing needles, flies, mosquitoes.
Research one of the following communicable diseases that commonly affect young people your report should be no longer that 2 A4 papers
Colds and influenza
1. Describe your chosen disease
2. What are the risk factors, how is it transmitted?
3. What are the signs and symptoms of your chosen disease?
4. If possible how can you prevent the disease?
5. How do you treat the disease?
6. Any other interesting facts? Persons entering the military will receive a meningococcal vaccine before basic training
Meningococcal is a serious illness that is caused by bacteria, Neisseria meningitides (meningococcus bacteria). When you have been infected by the bacteria, the lining of the brain and spinal cord can become infected and/or you may receive septicaemia (blood poisoning). Other severe illnesses, like bloodstream infections can be caused by these bacteria. Although meningococcal bacteria are not spread easily, the disease can affect anyone.
Infants, adolescents and young adults are more commonly diagnosed with