Building up and breaking down biological molecules By the end of the session you should;
● understand the difference between anabolism and catabolism
● name the two types of respiration
● be able to explain the three main pathways involved in aerobic respiration (With O2).
● know what happens when a cell respires anaerobically (without O2) Metabolism
● what does it means to you? All the physical and chemical activities in your body that use or convert energy. ● Two Processes;
● What does it mean to you?
● The process of smaller molecules synthesising bigger substances. protein synthesis
● Where do the smaller molecules come from to build up larger ones?
● Food digestion
● Where have you heard the word before?
● Anabolic steroids, building muscle Catabolism
● What is it?
● is the process of breaking down larger substances into smaller molecules
● What is it for?
● Catabolism can be used for cellular respiration, cellular respiration is the process of turning biochemical nutrients into ATP, or adenosine triphosphate.
● what two types of respiration is there?
● The two types or respiration are Aerobic and anaerobic respiration
● what are the three main pathways in aerobic respiration?
● where does it happen?
● Glycolysis occurs in the Cytoplasm of the Cell
● what is it breaking down?
● Glucose, to ATP, to Pyruvate
● which organisms use it?
● Everything uses it
● Does it need O2?
● It does not
● Does it yield much energy?
● no,no it does not Krebs Cycle
● Where does it