2. What is the difference between dependent and independent agencies?
3. What are the functions of agencies?
4. What are the different types of regulations?
5. What does the Administrative Procedures Act require for the promulgation of legislative/substantive regulations?
6. What legal force do proposed regs, temporary regs, and finalized regs have?
7. What are the APA requirements for agency adjudications?
8. What ilegisslation has been enacted to control agency power?
9. What is the employment-at-will doctrine?
10. What are the exceptions to the employment-at-will doctrine?
11. What are the characteristics of workers’ compensation systems?
12. What agencies were created by the Occupational Safety and Health Act?
13. What duties does an employer have under OSHA?
14. What rights, if any, does an employee have under OSHA?
15. What areas are regulated by the Fair Labor Standards Act?
16. What are the rules governing child labor?
17. What is the difference between a defined benefit and a defined contribution pension plan?
18. What are the ERISA rules governing nondiscrimination, eligibility, vesting, fiduciary duties and funding?
19. What is the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation?
20. What does COBRA require in regard to the continuous of health insurance benefits?
21. What is required of employers under the Family and Medical Leave Act?
22. What does the Immigration Reform and Control Act require of employers?
23. How is Social Security funded? What benefits are provided?
24. Who would not be entitled to receive unemployment compensation?
25. Who would not be entitled to receive unemployment settings? To what extent may drug-testing be used?
26. What does the Equal Pay Act require of employers?
27. What factors determine whether work is substantially identical? What defneses may be asserted by the employer?
28. How does comparable worth differ from the Equal Pay Act?
29. What types of discrimination is prohibited by Title VII?
30. What is the difference between disparate treatment and disparate impact discrimination?
31. To what extent may an employer use arrest and conviction records, height and weight requirements, testing and educational requirements in making employment decisions?
32. To what extent may a religious employer…