Vocabulary: Please define six (6) of the following terms in your own words. Please do not just copy and paste the definition.
1. Gravity- Gravity is the earth’s natural phenomenon to attract things back to ground.
2. Inertia- Inertia is the resistance of an object from its previous state.
3. Potential Energy- Potential Energy is energy that is stored.
4. Kinetic Energy- Kinetic Energy is energy that is built up from motion.
5. Friction- Friction is the force resisting a solid surface.
6. Traction- The action of pulling or gripping something.
Module 4: Signs, Signals & Pavement Markings
1. Explain the purpose of the following
A. The difference between solid and broken lines is: If broken, you can pass, merge or cross the broken line. If solid, you cannot pass, merge, or cross over the line.
B. Yellow lines (broken or solid) indicate what type of traffic flow: Yellow lines indicate the separation of lanes of traffic flowing in the opposing direction.
C. White lines (broken or solid) indicate what type of traffic flow: White lines indicate separate lanes of traffic moving in the same direction.
2. Observe and describe the different signs in YOUR city. Give specific examples of each (include color, shape, what the sign is for, etc.).
A. A regulatory sign: One way sign; white, vertical rectangle, direction pointed arrow, means traffic only flows in that specific direction. Stop sign; red, octagonal, means to stop your