The company I researched and would like to work for is Coca Cola. Coca Cola is an American multinational beverage corporation and manufacturer, retailer and marketer of non–alcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups. The company offers more than 500 brands, primarily sparkling beverages but also a variety of still beverages such as water, ready to drink teas and fruit juices in over 200 countries or territories. Outside the United States, it also sells concentrates for fountain beverages to its bottling partners and in the United States, it manufactures fountain syrups and sells them to fountain retailers, such as restaurants and convenience stores who use the fountain syrups to produce beverages for immediate consumption, or to authorized fountain wholesalers or bottling partners who resell the fountain syrups to fountain retailers. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
The position I would like to fill is the opening for District Sales Manager and it is described below.
The District Sales Manager leads the execution of sales initiatives.
• The District Sales Manager will have full responsibility for sales execution in all local, regional and national assigned accounts
• Responsible for the execution of all sales priorities and initiatives
• Understand P&L and manage budgets
• Responsible for identifying and developing core talent, including stewardship of the People Development Forum at the Account Manager level.
• Coach and develop the team of direct reports while ensuring a culture of learning and development exists throughout the selling organization
• Responsible for relationships with accounts serving as the connection point with Sales area leadership in operations.
• Regular interaction with store level and local chain leaders.
• Accountable for selling in and adherence to calendar marketing agreements. Provide feedback to the national customer teams
• Execute and fulfill all channel, package and pricing plans provided by the Commercial Leadership COE.
• Provide a feedback loop to the department team and Director of Sales on marketplace conditions (includes competition, channel plans, pricing, architecture)
• Represent Company in local government / community forums, as needed, on issues that impact our business
• Drive Live Positively initiatives in field
• Provide inspirational leadership and ensure execution of all engagement initiatives (e.g., Town Halls) across the MU to drive strong employee engagement
• Bachelor's degree required and Master’s degree preferred.
• 2+ years experience in consumer products/direct store delivery sales required.
• Experience managing people/budgets preferred
• Intermediate computer and database application skills preferred
Discuss ways that goal setting could be used to motivate your performance after you fill the position.
Goals are future outcomes or results that individuals and groups desire and strive to achieve. (Slocum). Goal setting is the process of developing, negotiating and establishing targets that challenge the individual. Goal setting is essential for success in today’s competitive business environment and therefore employees are motivated to strive and attain their set goals. Goals tell employee what needs to be done and how much effort will need to be expended in other to meet the goal. Specific goals increase performance or results in higher performance. Goal setting process is one of the most important motivational tools for managing the performance of employees in an organization.
Goal setting has four motivational aspects:
1. Goals direct attention: goals help to focus attention on what is relevant and important. Goals direct attention to the task at hand and away from irrelevant distraction.
2. Goals regulate effort: goals motivate us to act; it energies us because we have to work harder to attain…