• Physical abuse . Shaking slapping ,pushing kicking pulling restraining
• Sexual abuse .Any sexual activity that a person does not want ,understand or agree to .
• Emotional/psychological abuse.Threats of harm or abandonment or humiliation intimidation or verbal abuse.
• Financial abuse .Stealing someones money and possessions or denying them access to their money or possessions fraudulent use of there data or identity.
• Institutional abuse involves the failure of a organization to provide an professional and appropriate service to vulnerable people .
• Self neglect. neglecting the day to day care needs alcohol abuse and drug abuse , not sticking to a medication plan uncleanliness.
• Neglect by others .ignoring some ones care needs or medical needs or with holding food drink or daily aids Identifying the signs/or symptoms associated with each type of abuse.
physical . signs of bruising, scratches, cuts . You could also look at facial expression when people are in the same room,ie scared worried .Also posture and excuses not to wash and remove clothing. Sexual. you can class all the above,Ie physical abuse emotional and abandonment .manipulation by the abuser uselessness unwanted. a sense of wrong doing guilt . Sexual elder abuse is contact with an elderly person without the elder’s consent. Such contact can involve physical sex acts, but activities such as showing an elderly person pornographic material, forcing the person to watch sex acts, or forcing the elder to undress are also considered sexual elder abuse. Emotional/ psychological. belittlement, insecurity having to ask some one before deciding for your self people answering questions for you as though you are incapable. usually there are signs of this type of abuse in all the above cases
financial abuse . abuse take place?
This involves unauthorized use of an person’s funds or property, either by a caregiver or an outside scam artist.
An unscrupulous caregiver might
Misuse of personal checks, credit cards, or accounts
Steal cash, income checks, or household goods
Forge the signature
Engage in identity theft
Typical rackets that target vulnerable people include.
Announcements of a “prize” that the person has won but must pay money to claim
abuse tends to take place where the senior lives: most often in the home where abusers are often adult children, other family members such as grandchildren, or spouses/partners . abuse can also occur in institutional settings, especially long-term care facilities.
Physical abuse is non-accidental use of force against an person that results in physical pain, injury, or impairment. Such abuse includes not only physical assaults such as hitting or shoving but the inappropriate use of drugs, restraints, or confinement.
In emotional or psychological abuse, people speak to or treat persons in ways that cause emotional pain or distress.
Verbal forms of emotional abuse include
Intimidation through yelling or threats
Humiliation and ridicule
Habitual blaming or scapegoating
Nonverbal psychological abuse can take the form of
Ignoring the person
Isolating an from friends or activities
Terrorizing or menacing the person