1. Which of the following is true about 1 bit?
C. Represents one binary digit
2. Which of the following terms means approximately 106 bytes?
3. Which answer lists the correct number of bits associated with each term?
C. 64 bits per quadruple word
4. Which of the following are true about random-access memory (RAM) as it is normally used inside a personal computer?
A.Used for short term memory
E. Is installed on the motherboard
5. This chapter describes the concepts behind how a CPU reads the contents from RAM. Which of the following is true about the process of read data. As described in the chapter?
A.The CPU tells the RAM which address holds data that the CPU wants to read.
6. A user …show more content…
Hard disk drive- A device that stores files, as directed by a computer’s CPU, typically using stacked round magnetic platters to record the bits as differing magnetic fields on different locations on platters’ surfaces.
Input and output- This term refers to the process of adding bits into a computer, ad receiving the bits out of the computer, in forms meaningful to the user.
Keyboard map- Information the matches the key that exists on as keyboard to some matching binary code so that the keyboard can tell the computer specifically what key were just pressed.
Mouse- A computer input and control device that mimics the users movements of the mouse by moving a mouse pointers on the screen, so that the user can then take the appropriate action, telling the computer to take some action on the item to which the mouse pointer is pointing.
Pixel map- A mapping between each pixel on a computer display and a binary code.
Display- A computer output device that contains many small lights called pixels.
Screen resolution- A reference to the number of pixels