· • ObamaCare's goal is to provide affordable health insurance for all US citizens.
· • ObamaCare does not replace private insurance, Medicare or Medicaid
· • ObamaCare reforms and expands Medicaid in order to help cover more people, especially those below the poverty level. Unfortunately since the supreme court ruling where the NFIB attempted to repeal ObamaCare, Medicaid can now be opted out of at a state level leaving the states poorest uninsured. ObamaCare Medicaid[->0]
· • ObamaCare aims to improve community health care centers in an effort improve health care for those who cannot afford private health care.
· • Affordable health coverage means American's and their families pay what they can afford. Find out who wants to repeal ObamaCare.[->1]
· • Did your health insurance premium go up? The Fact is ObamaCare puts a cap on insurance companies raising your premiums (for profit) starting in 2013 and into 2014 in order to protect you from this. However if they raise your premium now they can grandfather you in. Moving forward insurance companies will have to justify rate hikes to the state and post them to their websites.
· As one benefit of Obamacare, if you make less than $93,700 as a family ($46,021 as an individual) you and your loved ones will receive health insurance financing in order to help pay your premium when you purchase health insurance through the online marketplace. This means that you won't be paying the full cost of Obamacare. Middle and low income families and individuals will also be helped with out-of-pocket costs and medicaid coverage if your family decides to offer it.
· Because of the new health law, 12.8 million individuals and businesses got back more than $1.1 billion in rebates in 2012 from insurance companies who underspent on medical care.
· A Quick Summary of ObamaCare Benefits
· Obamacare offers you and your family many protections these protections include.
· • No annual limits on healthcare
• Insurance companies can't drop you when your sick
• You can't be denied coverage for preexisting conditions
• Obamacare has a strong focus on preventative services
• A large improvement to women's health services
• Reforms to the Healthcare Industry to cut wasteful spending
• Better Care and Protections for Seniors
· A Quick Summary of ObamaCare Services
· All these benefits become available on January 1st of 2014:
· • Emergency services
• Laboratory services
• Maternity care
• Mental health and substance abuse treatment
• Outpatient, or ambulatory care
• Pediatric care
• Prescription drugs
• Preventive care
• Rehabilitative and habilitative (helping maintain daily functioning) services
• Vision and dental care for children
· The following is a full list of protections and benefits available under ObamaCare from Consumer Reports:
· Full list of Protections and Benefits Offered By ObamaCare (The Affordable Care Act) - 2010 - 2013
· Whether your health insurance is purchased by you or your employer, the health law has outlawed practices that have left people without health insurance when they need it most. These protections include:
· Curbs on canceling policies. Insurers can no longer cancel your policy if you get sick, a practice known as "rescission." They cannot cancel your coverage if you make an honest mistake on your application.
· Rapid appeals. Consumers can appeal insurance company decisions to an independent reviewer and receive a response in 72 hours for urgent medical situations.
· Ban on lifetime limits. Major or long-term illness can rack up serious medical bills. Health insurance policies used to set lifetime limits on how