1. Find attached as preceding paragraphs an assignment relating to BSBOHS501B – Participation in the Co Ordination and Maintenance of a systematic approach to OHS.
2. The report is based on Action Plans, Assumptions; and Points from a previous place of employment. My role in the company was the Warehouse Manager and Safety Officer.
Organisation, Structure, Operations and Systems
3. The organisation is a Food Processing plant, specifically processing fresh Milk into three main categories, those being;
a. Milk powder both Skimmed and Full cream, b. Cheese and Whey products: and c. …show more content…
(1) Company Intranet which was available in the canteen to employees (2) Notice boards scattered throughout the plants, (3) Toolbox meetings conducted weekly or as required; (4) Safety Committee Reps (HSR’s) vide safety committee minutes (5) Induction training for new employees; and (6) Contractor Inductions
19. The company was a multi cultural employer and as such eight (8) different nationalities were represented, In terms of effectiveness it is believed that the methodologies utilised to inform employees of OH&S issues were effective if English was the employee’s first language.
20. Albeit this was recognised by the company where English language classes at company expense was offered to non English speaking employees. Additionally attempts were made to convert information into a combination of languages, and where appropriate graphics were included to inform people with language barriers.
21. Overall the opinion is that the communication was generally effective and appropriate and the company discharged its responsibility with intent and purpose. Again low Lost Time Injury (LTI, s), and